Best Home remedies for Dandruff
Try one of these natural ways to cure dandruff and prevent your hair from damages. Dandruff is the enemy of the hair. It weakens the roots. The main symptom of dandruff is the presence of flaky skin region present in and around the scalp area. The scales can vary in size from small dust-like particles to large, greasy, yellow flakes. The good news is that dandruff can be easily cured at home by home remedies.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Apply a paste made of crushed sesame seeds to hair (soak them for two hours at least). Keep it on for at least half-an-hour before washing.
Apply a paste of boiled Bengal gram (kala chana) and fenugreek seeds (methi dana), soaked overnight. You could mix two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in a small bowl of Bengal gram.
Even washing hair after applying a paste of Bengal gram flour (besan) for half an hour, keeps hair clean and soft.
For treating mild dandruff, massage hair with coconut oil mixed with the juice of one lemon. Follow it with a hot towel treatment. The massage really boosts bloods circulation.
For oily dandruff (there's both the dry and oily variety) apply multani mitti (fuller's earth) but for no longer than 10 minutes, so that it comes off easily.
SOAP NUT (REETHA) is ideal for removing dandruff. Soak half cup soap nut overnight in one cup of warm water. Extract the juice from the soap nut by rubbing them vigorously. Strain. Apply directly on the scalp. Leave this on for 15 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair with tepid water. Shut your eyes tightly while rinsing as it hurts the eyes. Ensure that no residue is left behind.
Beets have been found very useful for treatment of dandruff from past many years. Both tops and roots should be boiled in water and this water should be massaged over the scalp with the finger tips every night, for fast cure.
The use of fresh lime juice is very useful remedy for the treatment of dandruff. Take one lime, and take out its juice in a small utensil. Now you may apply this juice over your hair will help of your fore finger and middle finger. This remedy will not only help to remove dandruff out of your hair, but will also help to make your hair glowing
Rinse your hair with neem juice; it's an excellent cleanser.
Mix two tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and six tablespoons hot water. Dab with cotton into the scalp, parting the hair with a comb. Preferably, apply it at bedtime and tie a scarf over the head to avoid staining the bedclothes. Next morning wash the hair with a shampoo. After the hair is thoroughly rinsed, pour over as a last rinse, a mixture of 3 tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and a cup of hot water.
Hot oil therapy is another method to cure dandruff. Massage hot oil into the scalp at bedtime. Next morning, an hour before the bath, rub lemon juice mixed with cosmetic vinegar into the scalp with cotton wool. Give the hair
a good wash with egg shampoo. As a last rinse, use the juice of one lemon in a cup of hot water. Continue this treatment once or twice a week for three months.
Dandruff Cure tips
A clean scalp is the only way to beat dandruff. Washing the hair and scalp frequently with a good dandruff shampoo can help get rid of the most stubborn dandruff, given some time.
- Dandruff shampoos can be either Clinical or Herbal. The former kind of anti-dandruff shampoos consist of special chemical formulation that fights and controls dandruff growth
- The Herbal variety of anti-dandruff shampoos are equally popular and are gentler on the scalp, therefore gaining ground among users.
- Daily head baths are a preventive step that suppresses bacteria build-up and chances of dandruff. The only precaution to be taken while using anti-dandruff shampoos for daily head rinsing is that they can cause persons with excessively dry scalp to develop eczema from over shampooing.
- For stubborn dandruff that refuses to go away, consulting a qualified dermatologist and following instructions for medication and medicated shampoo-use may be the last recourse.
- Warm 4-5 tablespoons full of wheat germ oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Massage well into the scalp. Wrap a warm towel around your head. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly with water, to which lemon juice has been added. Massage well as you rinse. This is the most commonly known cure for dandruff.
- Another major cause of dandruff is stress. Opting for ways to release tension and indulging in short term leisure pursuits one enjoys-be it meditation or daily walking- can work to minimize stress and lower possibilities for dandruff growth.
Try these Remedies
Soak two tablespoonfuls of Fenugreek seeds overnight in water. In the morning the softened seeds are ground into fine paste and applied on the scalp, left on for 1/2 hr
Infuse 2 tbsp. of fresh or dried rosemary and sage in 1 gallon of water for 24 hours. Use daily as a hair rinse.
Your diet must consists of fruits, raw salads( cabbage, tomato, cucumber, radish, carrot etc.). minerals, vitamins( especially vitamin A), green leafy vegetables, and raw foods
Mix the olive oil with the almond oil. Leave it on about 5 minutes after it starts to burn. Rinse well to clear dandruff. Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of two lemons, leave the oil on for about 2 hours. Shampoo with a mild shampoo. Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Crush a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in about 5 tablespoons of warm coconut or olive oil. It would be better to boil them in the oil. Cool the mixture and apply generously all over the scalp. Leave it on for two hours. Rinse and wash off. This will helps to get rid of dandruff.
Dettol: Taking bath with a few drops of dettol added to the water helps in checking the infection.