Cure for glaucoma
Home Remedies for Glaucoma, Natural Treatment
Glaucoma is a disease of the eye and specialized treatment is an absolute necessity. Make sure you take the utmost care when treating the glaucoma of the eye. Home remedies for glaucoma can only help you to a certain extent but always remember to consult a specialist and follow proper medication for your eyes as suggested by your specialist. Glaucoma is a condition of the eye where the ocular pressure increases in your eyes causing it to degenerate your vision and facilitating other associated problems of the eye. Home remedies for glaucoma will assist your medication to ease the ocular pressure giving you extra support and care to keep the eye stable without further damage.
Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness all over the world. It is caused by the destruction of the primary seeing nerve in the eye, called Optic nerve. The damage occurs in a gradual, progressive pattern, and if not checked in time, may lead to irreversible loss of sight. When we see a particular thing, it is the optic nerve that transmits the image of the object or sends impulse to the brain. The brain then reads the impulse and sends back a green signal, thereby allowing us to see the object. Thus optic nerve plays a vital role in our vision.
Now the front part of the eye socket is filled with a fluid called aqueous humor which nourishes the nerve fibers with in the eye. The normal pressure exerted by the fluid on the structures of the eye should range between 8 to 22 millimeters on mercury reading. When this pressure, also known as intraocular pressure, rises, it may cause damage to the ganglion cells of the optic nerve, leading to glaucoma. The delicate fibers and tissues of the optic nerve are prone to easy damage by the elevated intraocular pressure.
Glaucoma falls in to two categories: open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. Closed angle glaucoma is sudden, painful, and progresses quickly. Open angle glaucoma is the chronic type. It progresses slowly and silently, and becomes noticeable only when it is too late to do anything. This type of glaucoma is thereby often termed as the 'silent thief of the sight'. Glaucoma generally affects elderly people (aged 80 or over the age of 80).
1. Subtle loss of peripheral vision
2. Sudden pain in the eyes
3. Redness of eyes
4. Seeing of halos around lights
5. Blurred vision
8. Fixed, mid-dilated pupil
Home Remedies for Glaucoma
Treatment of glaucoma is a life long process where you will have to continue your medication for the rest of your life to keep the condition from growing. Home remedies for glaucoma will help you to keep a check on any further growth or spread of the condition to the entire eye and prevent any further deterioration. Glaucoma can cause you to have severe effects on your eye and can even lead to the loss of vision in extreme cases. Make sure that you sincerely follow your medication and do not skip your dosage
Treating glaucoma is only like maintaining your blood pressure and you have to take it as seriously. Medication for glaucoma mostly involves using eye drops in measured dosage at regular intervals as specified by your eye specialist. Home remedies for glaucoma can only help in maintaining the balance of ocular pressure in the eye but does not cure the condition.
Glaucoma is as much a physical disorder as anything else that triggers from the stress and the strain that accompanies our daily life and can be helped with some home remedies for glaucoma. Putting excess stress on your eyes due to your kind of job or your exposure to bright light coupled with neglect of a proper diet, rest and care can all trigger the initiation of glaucoma, same as other ailments of the body. Not necessarily only from these, glaucoma can happen due to other reasons as well, but it is important to have a balanced life in order to treat the condition. Home remedies for glaucoma has to be continued along with proper and regular dosage of eye drops and proper balanced diet.
Glaucoma can be treated with better outcome if you follow some simple habits besides home remedies for glaucoma. Take good care of your eyes while you are working, or while you are out in the open, etc. Basically, you need to be careful while you are exposed to constant bright light or radiation like while you use a computer, watch TV, etc. That might aggravate the condition and should be avoided at all costs. If possible use tinted glasses or anti-glares for your eyes or the computer screens. Continue with your home remedies for glaucoma but give your eyes some rest by taking intermittent breaks while you are at work.
Though it is advisable to seek the advice of an ophthalmologist immediately in the case of glaucoma, yet certain natural remedies can be tried out side by side.
1. Consumption of juicy, fresh fruits like oranges, pears, apples, grapes, pineapple etc is highly essential.
2. Food rich in Vitamin A, B, C and proteins should be added to the diet.
3. Vitamin B-Complex and calcium supplements should be taken.
4. Food stuffs like tea, coffee, tobacco, alcohol should be avoided, for they aggravate the hypertension in the eyes.
5. The patient should keep away from stress in daily life.
6. Too much of reading, writing or watching TV can strain the eyes, and therefore should be avoided.
7. Light eye exercises may be done in order to strengthen or relax the eye muscles.
8. Sun glasses should be avoided.
9. Drinking of fluids should be reduced, and fluids should never be drunk within short intervals.
10. Eye drops made out of Eyebright herb are highly beneficial for glaucoma.
11. The carotenoid contained in spinach extracts can revitalize the eye tissues and retina.
12. Fennel is an excellent herb for treating vision disorders.
13. Coleus drops can reduce hypertension in the eyes.
14. Bilberry, rich in flavonoid also reduces the intraocular pressure and strengthens the retina.
15. Omega 3 oils are effective in treating glaucoma.