The Healing Circle
Starting Your Own Healing CircleStarting Your Own Healing Circle Many people who become interested in holistic spiritual healing at one point or another feel drawn to sharing their talents with others like themselves. There are many ways to do this.
- You can join an organization that provides healing and meets weekly.
- A incense or smudge sticks Make sure no one has allergies first. I prefer to use a sage and cedar smudge stick.
- A green candle. It can be any color of green you choose, but it should be a little larger than a votive candle.
- Something to light them with
- Something to safely put them in
- A CD player and healing music to provide some soothing new age type music to help drown out outside noses and distractions. Today there are many wonderful compilations of healing music. You can find many online at Amazon.com. For some suggestions, view a list of my personal favorite Healing Music.
- A list of those who have requested healing. The list should have the person's name, their location (city, state, country) and ailment or need for healing.
- If you are alone, you'd set your circle about 3ft in diameter.
- If you have a small group, you may want to set the circle 6ft in diameter.
- If you have a larger crowd, a 9ft diameter would be used.
- If you have a large enough crowd, you'd simply add 3ft to your circle to accommodate the number of people who have come to participate; 12ft, 15ft and so on.
green candle and as you do everyone should say a prayer to the Divine asking for help and guidance in performing the healings that are about to take place. You can pre-write the prayer, or say it off the cuff. But this is an important step to bring everyones focus to the work at hand. Prayer said, have a seat. Technically, this method to raise energy is called a "Cone of Power". Through this method you will connect with your healing partners, center your energy, and direct the divine, loving healing energy out to those on your list. You can write your own visualization script, or just use the following. Just make sure you and your healing partners are comfortable with what you're saying and doing in this visualization.
- Everyone close their eyes and place their hands, palms up, in their lap.
- See a light of love, a pink light, coming from your heart and moving to the center of the circle and the flame of the candle.
- There our energies join together and rise up, gently swirling together in a clock-wise motion like a giant spiral column.
- As it joins together and rises visualize the light slowly changing color to a beautiful crisp and clear dark green. Like a clear emerald gemstone.
- Everyone see this loving healing energy move up and through the roof of this building and quickly travel to (the location of the 1st person on your list).
- Visualize this light finding (state the person's name) and providing healing for (state their ailment).
- See (state the person's name) basking in the love and healing sent to them by this circle and the GreatSpirits. See this energy fighting the disease that has attacked their body and returning them to good health.
- Visualize in detail the green healing energy consuming the atoms of the disease and destroying it forever.
- We give thanks to the GreatSpirits and offer prayers of health and strength to (state the person's name).
- We release the energy to them and see our love and healing light return to our humble circle and the light of our healing candle.
- We know that the GreatSpirits will continue to light their way as long as needed, as we move our divine healing energy to (state the next location).
- We watch our love and healing light travel once again through the roof of this building and to (state the name of the next person on your list) to provide healing for (state their ailment).
- Everyone see the healing light gently fall into the flame of the candle before us.
- Now we see the light of love and healing release it's connection of unity and gently travel from the flame back to our own heart and bodies.
- We welcome the healing and love we shared with each other, and see it replenish our own energies so we feel refreshed and revitalized and full of energy.
- We give thanks to the GreatSpirits and to all those who came here today to assist in these special spiritual healings. We share our joy and love with each other as we close our healing circle.
- Many Blessings to all - So Mote It Be. You could also say - Peace be with you all, Amen.
- Everyone open their eyes and have a good stretch.
- The date and time the healing circle began and ended.
- The weather (yes it can be an important bit of info).
- The names of the healers who attended.
- Count them up and record the number of healers.
- The structure of the circle. How was it set and what items were used. Did you use rope to create the circle, or chairs? Was the rope made of natural fibers, were the chairs metal or wood? Describe your circle.
- Record the names, locations and ailments from the list.
- If you remained in the circle and shared your experiences, you might also enter descriptions or summaries of those as well. Sometimes people will receive feelings or visions about the person they're healing. It's a good idea to record these and refer back to them when you learn about the condition of the person in the healing. Often times you will hear back from people who know you were scheduled to send them healing energy.
- Finally record any additional happenings after the healing circle was closed.
This might be something you go back to the next day, or before the next healing circle session.
Source: 1 Created: 07.29.2002 Updated: 02.11.2008